Downloading the Lecture Help File
The following assumes you are using a Windows based computer. If you are using a MAC, you may encounter
difficulty and should see the instructor if you have problems
To download the file
Click here to download the entire Lecture Help zip file
- First, set up a directory on your computer where you want to install the programs or, if you're not sure, put a floppy disk in the floppy drive
- Click on the link below
- You computer should ask what you want to do
- Select "Save to Disk"
- Direct the file to either the directory you set up or to the floppy
- Once the file has been saved, it should be unzipped using Winzip or another such utility. If you're unsure about whether you have such a utility, double click the file. If your computer brings up an unzipping dialogue, you're set. If it doesn't know what to do with the file you need to get Winzip, which you can get from this link.
- To use the unzipped programs, just point your browser to the file "lechelpintrocsn7.html". If that works, you should bookmark that link for easy reuse.
- The file will be updated periodically as the programs are modified or new ones added. The update date will be after the link.
- When the file is updated, there will also be a new,smaller file that contains the changes since the last update. To install just the changes, download the update file and unzip it into the directory that has the lecture help files it it. Answer "yes" when you're asked if you want to replace files.